Let me first say I apologize for inundating you with yet another hot wing sauce recipe. Most of what I see out there is simply Red Hot hot sauce and butter with some garlic and salt to taste. Mine is different. Let me show you.
First start with oven baked, crispy wings.
- 20 pieces flats/ drumettes
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Sprinkle over chicken and toss in a bowl until evenly coated.
- Spread chicken evenly spaced over baking rack pan.
- Bake in oven pre-heated to 250F° for 30 minutes. Crank up heat to 425F° and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Toss in sauce of choice.
Hot Wing Sauce
Melt butter and combine all but crushed red pepper in a bowl. Add crushed red pepper to taste. Stir and toss wings in sauce.
Serve with your favorite dressing. I prefer blue cheese.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Red Hot hot sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- crushed red pepper to taste
- Melt butter and combine all but crushed red pepper in a bowl. Add crushed red pepper to taste. Stir and toss wings in sauce.
Facebook: Emerald Lily Craft Studio
YouTube: Emerald Lily Craft Studio
Etsy: Emerald Lily Wreaths